It is 8:41 pm on Sunday, and I have completed 90% of my to-do list.
Today I actually thoroughly cleaned my apartment. I whipped out the clorox, the Perfect Glass glass cleaner, even the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I scrubbed. I vacuumed (sort of... I vacuuming). I swept. I Swiffer wet-jetted. For the first time since school started I feel like my life is clean, mostly. The exception would be my comforter which was neglected today, still covered in all the effing animal hair. That I almost can't take anymore. I will do it this week.
I also prepared the next week, per usual, of lesson plans and the first few homeworks.
I went to Target and spent way too much money buying food... and the first season of House, MD. You know, as a prize for myself. And a new hair dryer- this is serious though, because my old one broke.
I did a lot of laundry, dwindling down my large mass into one managable last load (hah! there is no such thing). But I did ruin one of my favorite pairs of work pants. The one time I don't read the label it happens to be dry clean only. Piss. What to do now?
I made, sort of, blueberry muffins as a breakfast treat for the paltry amount of Spirit Committee members likely to show up before school tomorrow to work on decorating v-ball lockers.
In doing all of this, I still managed to have my mom come over (and thus prompt the cleaning...), go to lunch with her, chat to friends, and... pretty much nothing else.
The last 10% of my list? Grade the mountain of papers from last week. Plan the week after this one, so that I don't have to even think about my work next weekend while I'm with CB (finally... a weekend where I really spend the whole weekend as a weekend). Clean my bedding (effing animal hair). Go to Tom Thumb to buy Breyer's Pomegranate Blend popsicles. I LOVE them.
But alas, I will not dwell on what didn't get done. My washer and dryer are empty. My dishwasher is empty. I can look around my apartment and feel satisfaction.
Off to the shower.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment