Thursday, November 13, 2008

Words I wish I could have written

I avoid writing about politics. I avoid talking about politics with most people, generally because the entirety of my family, and the school I work at, are hardcore conservative/Republican. I fall right in the middle. I do not claim to be a member of either party (and generally hate the bi-partisan system), but I always vote (what with the two presidential elections I have been legally allowed to vote in). I am a swing voter, if you will. And until I came across the following, I was unsure of how to defend my vote for Obama to my family, and fellow co-workers (neither of whom actually know who I voted for, I think. But if they did.... how could I best explain that?)

So, through much blog stocking (aka: lack of doing work), I discovered this post, written by a man I do not know, but wish I could hug simply for writing the words I could not find. Thank you sir.

No comments: