I have been contemplating my impending 'broke-ness.' Once the AC repair in my car is paid for, and my move is paid for, I will have approximately 0 dollars. I trust it will all work out, but I hate not contributing. CB has the monies to pay the rent, bills, etc. BUT I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE. Must get on advertising myself as a tutor in SA... asap. Nevermind just finding a job ASAP.
I have been feeling tight in my chest about having to pack this ENTIRE apartment... and having to study a crapload of Latin for a test I have to take in apprx. 3 weeks. EEEEEK.
I have been feeling sad that I am not more excited about getting married in apprx 2-ish weeks, because I have been so distracted and distraught by the above 3 points.
CB and I sympathized with one another last night. I told him on the phone, "I just don't feel happy right now. About anything... because all I can think about is how effing hot and uncomfortable I am ALL THE TIME, and how I am going to have no monies, and how I have so much crap to do in the next month."
His response was very kind laughter and, "I don't feel happy right now either. We only have 5 weeks to study for this test (STEP 1 of the USMLE test (United States Medical Licensing Exam)... there are 3 steps... step 1 is an 8 hour test covering the entire first 2 years of med school- think MCAT, but way worse), whereas other schools get 2 whole months to study for it. There is no feasible way to cover everything. But think of it this way: the next month or so is going to suck for the both of us, but then, after that first week, everything will smooth out and get better (both our tests will be over, we will be moved into our house, we will be married, and hopefully, we will have air conditioning all around). We will be happy like hippos."
CB always says it so well.
My timeline:
ALL school related work (grades, cleaning out classroom, prepping classroom for summer) done by: June 5
PACKING AND LATIN STUDYING EXTRAVAGANZA: June 6-June 21
MOVING DAY: June 22
GET MARRIED LEGALLY DAY: June 23
STUDYING HARDCORE EXTRAVAGANZA: June 24-27
Latin EXCET: June 27
Unpacking and relaxing: June 28 and beyond

No comments:
Post a Comment