In this past week alone, I can count on both hands how many students and faculty have come down with the legitimate flu virus. 2 of my students missed the entire week. An entire week of Latin- something one does not EVER want to miss, lest falling incredibly behind.
I am deathly afraid of getting the flu. For obvious reasons like: no one wants to be sick really, but also for these reasons: I do not want to miss work. No one can do my job like I can (this might sound arrogant, but really, any teacher should feel this way about missing work, especially a foreign language teacher, because really, almost no one can do the job like they can). Also, I live alone and quite frankly I am quite whiny when I am sick and no one is around to take care of me. I do not want to deal with myself.
So I am trying my hardest to avoid touching things students have touched (impossible) and washing my hands at every chance I get (more feasible), and trying super hard not to bite my nails (which is doable, but lately I have had extreme urges to bite them more and more). I did wake up with a massive headache this morning, and felt a little sick to my stomach, but I am going to ignore these and press on as if nothing is wrong and perhaps, in the end, nothing will actually be wrong.
One last reason I do not want to get sick: CB arrives in 5 days. 5 DAYS! YAY! The first time I have seen him since we became engaged!! An exciting weekend is about, with engagement party, engagement pictures, having to take him to my school's homecoming football game because I have to fulfill or partially fulfill my cheerleading co-sponsor obligations.... and our 2 year anniversary is this Tuesday (also ELECTION DAY), and we are celebrating this weekend. What an exciting week/weekend! CANNOT GET SICK.
Also. I voted. So should you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment