Today is my birthday. Shockingly (or maybe not?) I cried a lot today.
I cried this morning because I felt utterly alone on my birthday. Because CB is in another state, my best friend is in another state, and my other best friend is out of the country. Because my teacher friends were all at a conference which I was not at because I had to take cheerleading sponsor duty while my co-sponsor was at the conference- seniority and such. That and she is vice president of the Texas Classical Association.
And I had a nightmare about my wedding day last night.
And my dad didn't call me to wish me a happy birthday until 7 pm. But that is neither here nor there. I won't get into that.
The day did improve significantly. CB had a webcam birthday date with me, for which during the first half of I cried and he just patiently listened and was comforting. And then did everything he knows how to do to cheer me up. Which worked.
I received 18 hot pink roses from CB and a wonderful message. And the UPS lady delivering them was really nice too.
I bought myself chic-fil-a for lunch, and realized as I started driving that MY DRIVER'S LICENSE EXPIRED TODAY!!! Yessss! Luckily, I already had ordered (if you could call it that) the new one online 2 weeks ago.
I realized said driver's license will FINALLY be horizontal like all other adults. (Yes, I am one of those young kids who were the first to get the horizontal under 21 driver's licenses, though, as a note I would like to say that my first license was actually horizontal and my head had to be turned to the side. It was the SECOND license, the 17 yr. old one, that I received the vertical one. Just what you all always wanted to know about me.)
I went to fulfill my cheerleading sponsor duties and the cheerleaders did a great job. And a student of mine had made me a birthday cake and brought it to me. And another had made me some frosted sugar cookies. And another brought me a Coke- anyone who truly knows me, knows this was a good call on said student's part. And still others told me they had stuff they wanted to give me on Monday. It was nice really.
Finally I made my way to my mom's house where my stepdad had made my favorite pasta. My mom took me to look at wedding cakes through cake shop windows- for fun, my brother and I got in an argument and I started crying, again. My mom gave me beautiful earrings and my brother and his gf gave me my second wedding planning book and a beautiful Coach scarf, and (drum roll) I tried on my mom's wedding dress. It was super fun. It fit me perfectly. I will not be using it for my wedding, but it was a great time to be wearing a wedding dress, even if I thought the front looked funny on me.

I did like the back though. The buttons weren't buttoned like they should've been. But i still liked the back. (picture quality sucks because it was taken with my cell phone)
Then, because I am a raging nearly quarter century old, I came home and am about to retire to sleep. At 11 pm. Because my face is sunburned and I am tired.
It is no good to be alone on your birthday. But it is great to have wonderful friends who call you and send you cards and gifts and remember you always. Thanks whores, I love you both so much. And thanks for being co-maid of honors. : )
And that was my day.
But, YESS, for the horizontal license.

1 comment:
Awww sorry you had to spend your birthday alone! If I was already back in TX you know I would've come over and celebrated "Lauren Day" with you and would've tried to make it as special as possible! :)
I LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment