Okay, so, as very apparent by my many posts about getting engaged and wedding planning, I am in the midst of planning a wedding for December 19, 2009 (yayyy!). The ceremony site is booked and paid for, and the next MAJOR thing is the reception site. I have narrowed it down to my top 3 choices (though these could change... maybe), and now I would like to hear your thoughts on them and which one you think is best.
Important information to know before you vote:
My wedding will be around 1:30-1:45ish in the afternoon (siiiigh, I wish it was later).
It is December, and December 19 is three days before the shortest day of the year, which means sunset will probably occur right at the beginning/near beginning of the reception.
I want dancing, heavy hor'deuvres, champagne, cake and delicious catering.
I want people to throw rose petals at CB and I whenever we leave. Which means we have to somehow leave.
The guest list is hovering around 100 people.
Okay, now for your options.
Option #1: The Tower Club
Brief info/why I like:
Tower Club is located on the 48th floor of Thanksgiving Tower in Downtown. It has floor to ceiling windows surrounding the entire thing. My dad ('s company) owns the building, and seeing as how my dad is vice president and deals with the Tower Club's leasing specifically, we think he might be able to swing a deal with them. *OH, and free parking for guests. Since dad's company owns the building and all.
The Website:
http://www.clubcorp.com/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?S=NAV&DID=14409&GRP=10&NS=PCH&MFCODE=TOWDS&SUBGRP=25
Option #2: The Stoneleigh Hotel
Brief info/why I like:
Stoneleigh Hotel is classic. It is old and full of history, as it was built in 1923. It is gorgeous. I have no lucky connections there whatsoever, but my mom loves it and it is her top choice for this affair. It comes with catering by a magnificent chef.
The Website:
http://www.stoneleighhotel.com/
http://www.stoneleighhotel.com/dallas-weddings/index.html
Option #3: Las Colinas Country Club
Brief info/why I like:
Las Colinas CC is owned by ClubCorp, which also owns Tower Club. My dad has special privileges at all ClubCorp clubs given his relationship with Tower Club. Potential to get a good deal at any ClubCorp club. It is a fair distance away from my ceremony site- which is good- because it allows us time to to take photographs as well as lets more time pass so the ceremony can start later.
The Website:
http://www.clubcorp.com/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?DN=LD_EVENTS_LCOCC&GRP=10&NS=PCH&MFCODE=LCOCC&SUBGRP=25
Okay, now you tell me, which do you think is the best place for the reception AND, if you were attending this wedding, which place do you think would be the most fun/beautiful/tasty?
: ) Thanks for making all my decisions for me. Bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hmmmm.....to be perfectly honest, i really liked the tower club! BUT, i really like the hotel, too. i think the tower club has potential to be classy and sophisticated while the hotel has more potential to be elegant and charming. tough choice!
mmm. I also vote for #1 or #2. #1 would probably be slightly more memorable for your guests.
Having a reception at a fancy hotel is one thing, but having a reception in a highrise overlooking the Dallas Skyline is Downright Swanky.
the only way I'd change my mind is if you thought the Tower Club would seem like a business event, a feeling that you would be suuuure to avoid at the hotel.
But the shorter the distance between the wedding site and the reception, the better. You can take as much time with your photos as you want, but it's better for the guests to just go straight to the reception area and chill, rather than having to drive far, get lost, and risk getting stuck in traffic.
you know. in my humble opinion.
Post a Comment