Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Organized?

In the past week, I have been told on three or four separate occasions that I am organized.

Those of you who know me are probably choking on your spit right now.

Yea. Me. Organized.

First it was the photographer I was meeting with, whom I am hiring. As I was sitting there chatting with him about my wedding and how I envision it and where things are/what I want to do, SANS pen and paper to take notes on him and his style, he says to me, "You are so organized!"

What, sir? I am meeting with a potential photographer and I couldn't even bring a pen to write anything down? I didn't bring anything. Just my purse.

Nonetheless, I am 'organized.' I must say that it felt really good for someone to say that to me. He even went onto explain that even without pen and paper it was very apparent that I am organized with my wedding planning.

Then I went down to Corsicana the day after Thanksgiving to see CB (yaaaaaaaaaaaay!) and his family. His mom told me not once, but twice, that I am organized. The first time was concerning- surprise surprise-wedding planning. I showed her my book with dividers and what not, which I can't take credit for because my brother's girlfriend gave it to me, AND I have been given another planning book by a friend AND a notebook to cut and paste ideas in by another friend. So basically, I was set up to be organized. I can't help it.

The second time was during Monopoly. No lie. I never knew that separating your monies out and placing them slightly under the board so you can see all the you have was considered organized. Yes, my friends, I too have joined the 'organized' category.

Finally, another teacher called me organized (biggest shocker of them all). I made complete sets of instructions for my substitutes (get to that in a minute), complete with copies made of each assignment to be handed out, a class roster, and all placed in a nicely labeled manilla folder. And I did it 5 days in advance (-ish).

I am proud to say that I can also be organized. Apparently. When I want to.

In other news....

Thanksgiving was good. Seeing CB and his family was even better. I got to be in the family picture. It was good times.

I have to go to the girlie doctor tomorrow- known to my dear whore friend as the 'vag' doctor. I am dreading it. Thus the need for substitute # 1.

On Thursday night, I will be embarking on a spectacular trip to Florida, also known as 'Whore Weekend." My bff SB (WHORE) lives there and we will have a magnificent time going to a Jason Mraz concert, driving all over the peninsula (Latin derivative: 'paene'= almost, 'insula'= island).
Thus the need for substitutes #2, 3, 4, and 5 (once for each class on Friday... I know. Complicated. Good thing I am organized.)

Look forward to many pictures and random crap. My favorite.


Oh, and about that vote:

Options 2 and 3 have been negated due to cost prohibition. Tower Club a distant possibility. Feel free to comment or email me suggestions. Thanks.

No comments: