My dad AND mom will walk me down the aisle on Dec. 19, 2009.
I know it sounds unusual... but anything to appease my mom.
I will have a father-daughter dance.
And then I will have a step-father daughter dance.
And my dad is perfectly okay with all of this.
And (for now) so is my mom.
My dad has been wonderful throughout this whole thing- reiterating that it is my wedding and therefore whatever I want or need to do, he is okay with it.
Annnnd....
(drumroll please)
I have a very very likely (dad says 100% if if I want it) reception venue.
The Tower Club. 48th floor of Thanksgiving Tower in Downtown.
Bargain deal.
Beautiful view. 3 sides are floor to ceiling windows. Chandeliers. OMG OMG OMG.
Now, no contract has been signed yet, so I am trying not to get my hopes up too high- because for all I know it could come crashing down next week, but I swear if this comes together I will thank God as much as I did when He provided for me staying at my (highly expensive) university all four years. Either way, I will thank God for letting me get married to such an incredible man, and regardless of my familial issues, I will thank God for both my parents being around for my wedding.
But seriously- I have had nightmares about what I was going to do about the reception...
The economy is horrible. Dad is in danger of losing his job at all times. If dad loses his job, a large chunk of the funding for my wedding would disappear. In turn, this would cause a huge uproar between me and my mom. Mom would insist that if dad doesn't pay, he can't participate in the wedding, etc (I know this sounds wretched, and it really sucks, but you kind of have to know the extensive and nasty background of my family and parents and thier divorce/life after divorce). I was starting to think that I might not have a reception at all.
Anyways, so I am so so thankful that God has, in part thus far, answered my prayers. Dad could still lose his job, but if we lock into this contract soon, it will be a done deal hopefully. I am just not getting too attached to the idea in case it all falls apart. So you should pray too, that God provides and holds my family- both sides- together. Not just for my wedding, but just in general. And perhaps, as long as you're praying, pray that mom learns to let go of that past.
Other things I have been considering:
Since my wedding and reception will be in the afternoon, and end relatively early (around 6:15ish pm), CB and I are considering having an after party at some cool bar/dance place/restaurant that has bar and dancing in the city... CB and I leave reception- people throw crap at us... we get into limo and arrive at hotel... go upstairs... change... do married stuff... then go to party, where we aren't paying for the drinks. And everyone dances and has a raging good time. We leave party and return to hotel. Sleep. Leave for honeymoon ASAP in the morning. Good idea, no?

No comments:
Post a Comment