From all the teachings...
Last Friday marked the beginning of a glorious 2 weeks off. I gave exams to 73 students, gathered all my wonderful teacher prizes (I got a Coach keychain!!! numerous candies, cookies, chocolates, breads, etc, a Jonas Brothers CD- how I love 8th grade girls, candles, Christmas ornaments... ahh glorious stuff to crowd my kitchen and dining room table), and went home.
Since then... my apartment has exploded with clothing. I spent Friday afternoon at the movies and then that night I hung out with my most favorite teacher friend PR. She is more than twice my age, and she is my former professor, but I owe my job and where I'm at in life to her. So we hung out for a long time, and then we were joined by other teacher pals. Good times with the Latin teachers.
Saturday was cool. I got a pedicure and manicure and that night went to the Nutcracker ballet with my mom, brother and his gf. I have NEVER seen a ballet before, so I was super excited. We had aaaammmmmaaaazing seats in a box. Box A, just to the left of the stage.
I am going to try to embed pictures, but they never go where I want them to. So, we will see
My toga dress. Thanks for making me buy it last February whore.
Our view of the stage
When I got home, I proceeded to stay up till 3am changing out picture frames with CB and I's engagement pictures. Here is a random sampling- there are hundreds- I will choose 3 or 5.
I spent Sunday doing a lot of last minute Christmas shopping. I am done with everyone except a whore in Florida, a hook in Paris, and PR. Sunday night was CHRISTMAS with Dad. This year my dad has opted out of regular Christmas, as he is very stressed out with his job, etc. So he is going golfing in California instead. Thus, brother and I had Christmas together with him last night. He got me an Ipod touch. I was so so sososososososo excited. I LOVE the ipod touch.
Today, I had planned on cleaning my apt because it is such a disaster. Instead I went out and finished one last Christmas shopping detail. Then I found out that Neiman Marcus REALLY doesn't sell their amazing gingerbread cookies anymore. WTF? Those were the best gingerbread cookies ever... remember CD? When we went on our search? I had to do it alone this yer, and I was unfruitful. : (
After grocery shopping with the masses... I came home and watched NCIS, passed out for an hour, then finished wrapping prizes.
And that is how I have spent the past 3 days of being off.
Nevermind the 4 inch stack of exams on my desk. And the bag full of papers from the semester to grade.






No comments:
Post a Comment