Those are the 3 biggest things occurring in my life in the past week or so.
My very best friends on the planet, my CO-maids of honor (seriously), flew into town 2 Thursdays ago. They waited all day for me to get out of school, and then they made a sneak attack on my classroom. I wasn't in there, buuut that's okay, because when I came walking up to my room they turned around and it was one of the best surprises of my life. I was as surprised, if not more surprised, than I was when CB proposed (I mean- that was a HUGE surprise and big life moment, but I knew it was coming at some point... my bff's coming into town was completely unexpected). There is a video of them surprising me, but I do not have it in my possession so I cannot post it. If we are friends on the facebook you can look at it there.
They had gotten me Friday off work. Subs had been arranged for all my classes. I was going to play hookey to hang out with my pals from Paris, France and Florida. Basically it was awesome. They had shirts made for the occasion:
As for my 'diet' and workout plan... it was spoiled for that weekend, but it doesn't really matter when something like this comes along. So all the surprises they had planned were as follows:
Lunch at On the Border on Friday, aka: margaritas at 11:45 am.
Mani/Pedi party
Dinner at the fanciest restaurant I know... seriously. The Old Warsaw. A-mazing. We dined on escargo, crab cakes, lobster bisque, salmon, swordfish, veal, chocolate souffle and complimentary champagne. It makes my belly growl just writing it.
That all was on Friday. Saturday was reserved for WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING! EEEEE! I had been putting off dress shopping all along because I didn't have my best friends to go with me, I was afraid I wouldn't find something I liked, I was afraid to look at the pricetags, etc. But now with two whores (not literally, fyi) I couldn't avoid it.
They took me to two places. I thought I had found THE dress at the first place, but then in the snotty, crowded second place I happened upon a beautiful, unlikely choice and it ended up being perfect. I ordered it last Wednesday.
That night they took me to see Bride Wars (great movie if you are getting married and don't feel like watching a movie with a deep meaning. It was cute).
Lastly, on Sunday, we went to lunch at a yummy eatery place and then had our Second Annual SMU photoshoot. Basically that is where all of us met, so we have gone back there for the past two years in January and taken pictures all over campus together. We plan on making it a yearly tradition. Next years will have to come early though, as we will all be together in December for a certain wedding! : )
It was the best time I have had since I have become engaged. Not that I don't love being engaged to CB, because I do, but being engaged has brought on so much family strife that I have to deal with almost on a bi-weekly basis, and I have cried more since being engaged than I have in a long time. Again, not because of CB, but because of my family and because I hadn't had my dearest friends here to celebrate. Their surprise weekend was exactly what I was needing and I am so incredibly grateful for them Thanks whores. I love you both.
The next week was good because I finally caught up with grading and what not, and CB got his official assignment for his first medical rotation. Let me explain:
3rd and 4th year of medical school consists of 6-8 week clinical rotations through all different medical specialties. Basically the general areas which one might go into for their residency. Because CB is in the military, and attends a medical school which is owned by Congress, he does those rotations in any number of military hospitals around the country, with a few participating civilian hospitals. He and I have been pulling for a certain hospital in a certain city in south Texas, and because his lottery number (how they assign the spots and locations) was good for this first rotation, he got his first choice. So it looks like he will be doing General Surgery. Happpy!!!!!
Now for the other bit: I will be relocating in June to be with him, as our 2 years of long distance are up. When we started this long distance, we agreed that 2 years was our maximum limit. No longer than 2 years. I am so relieved those 2 years are over as well, I don't know that I could've done much longer. I would have if I had to, but I don't have to. I told him from the very beginning that I would not relocate if we weren't engaged either- not trying to pressure him, but being very clear that I was not going to pick up my life and leave a good job unless I had good reason. Obviously, this came way sooner than the 2 year long distance mark. As such... I am currently looking for a J.O.B. in San Antonio... if anyone knows anyone looking for a Latin teacher down there, let me know.
So that is all my happy news. I love my friends. I love my wedding dress. And I can't wait to move.

1 comment:
Hey, Lauren! I am so glad I found your blog!!! I am so excited for you! Everything seems to be really falling into place! It is going to be wonderful...hang in there...just a few more months and you will both be in the same place! Congrats on the move to San Antonio...if you need a mini-bride/baby flower girl...I know the perfect one ;-)
Post a Comment