Monday, February 23, 2009

Teacher Treasure?

So, my school has a silent auction every year- as most schools do. Every year, the schools ask the teachers to donate what they call 'Teacher Treasures.' These 'treasures' can be a lot of things- guitar lessons from a teacher who was in a really cool band that was well-known locally, ultimate frisbee with a young bachelor teacher whom all the boys hang all over, babysitting, tutoring, etc.

I was a bit surprised when I got an email from the president of the parent-teacher fellowship (PTA for private school). She told me that they would love for me to donate a 'Teacher Treasure.' I wrote back and said, 'I would love to donate my time to this, but, uh, I don't have any special skills to share. Help me.'

I recieved a reply informing me that I do have a special skill- being me! (not something one would consider a special skill, but whatever, I'll take it). She suggested I have a Girls' Afternoon Out. It would be at the local (and highly popular) mall and I, along with the winner of this package and 2 of her friends, would get pedicures a yummy drink thing and just be 'out,' hanging out, walking around with our cute toes and drinking our Orange Cups. 

Thus, on April 25th, I will embark on an afternoon with 4 of my female students- most likely junior high girls- to hang out and relax. And all I can think is: What am I going to wear? Then: Wait,  am I seriously concerned about what to wear to hang out with 12-14 year olds?!!!! Eeesh. I need a life.



No comments: