Today marks the final countdown to moving day: June 22! 7 days and suddenly I'm living in a different city. My life is currently a mess... and by life... I mean my apartment. View:
For those who know me, you know what this used to look like. For those who don't, you should imagine boxes of shoes up to the ceiling all the way around those shelves. It took 4 large boxes and 2 wardrobe boxes filled with only shoes to get them all packed. Ugh.

My living room. Note the massive disarray of everything, the empty wall unit save the tv and dvd player, the boxes invading my space.
The dining room. Again, boxes invading my life, packed boxes, boxes waiting to be packing, packing materials all over.


The main location for packed boxes: in front of my formerly packed bookshelves.

Besides all the boxes, my life has been seriously overcrowded with extra furniture. My mom bought CB and I brand new bedroom furniture as a wedding gift. It is beautiful furniture (4 poster bed- the posts look like Roman columns, a huge new dresser, a new nightstand), but it cramps my bedroom which already has a dresser and nightstands, etc. Tomorrow I will have an extra couch- a beautiful one- but nonetheless, an extra one. I will have to basically cram it in my living room, and on Saturday? The final piece of my old bedroom furniture will be moved here from my mom's house. It has taken me two years to get it out of there. Oops. What am I doing with it you ask? Well, as my new house has 3 bedrooms all my old bedroom furniture is going in the guest bedroom, only the bed will be a queen size rather than my former twin.
So yea. Crowded apartment to say the least. I am going to warn the movers when they call to confirm on Thursday/Friday that really they should consider this a 2 bedroom apartment move. Luckily all this stuff means that we will perfectly fit into our new house. No empty rooms here! My mom has been incredibly generous, and CB's parents our providing us with a refridgerator. This means the only thing we have to buy when we get there is a washer and dryer. THANK YOU PARENTS. We love you.
In exciting news, I got to take home my wedding dress today. It is currently hanging in my bedroom, but I am bringing it to my mom's this Saturday to keep it until the wedding. I am so excited... I just want to wear it ALL the time. Want to see it?
This is all you get:

Inside that pink garment bag is my glorious dress. I cannot wait.
In the meantime, back to packing. I'm hoping to get all of my office area done today. That would be nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment