Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Something is wrong in the universe

I read a lot of blogs. I empathize with the people whose blogs I read. I want to hug these people (in a very, very NON creepy, safe way). I wish I was good friends with a large chunk of them because they make me laugh, make me think, and make me want to have conversations with them.

But lately, the vast majority of my blog friends have been sad, down or depressed. It's not just one; it's several. And to add to this, CB has been having a hell of a hard time dealing with medical school (long story short: the student promotions committee recommended him for disenrollment for making a D in his 12 hour pharmacology course, though it is perfectly within the limits of the school's policies, though he has met all qualifications to continue onto 3rd year of medical school. Basically he now needs to do phenomenally well on his Step 1 test this Friday if he wants to stay in medical school. No pressure or anything.).

I know I don't know most of these people, aside from a couple, and those I do know I don't really ever hang out with in real life, but my heart aches for these people. I want to tell them all that it will all be okay in time (cliche), that there are people out there who don't even know them and still care about them and their well-being.

Something is wrong in the universe that so many people are hurting right now for all kinds of reasons.
Something is wrong in the universe that I only think just now that something is wrong in the universe because the people I happen to read are hurting, when really, thousands if not millions hurt everyday.

I wish someone would fix the universe.

No comments: