Monday, July 6, 2009

Surreal Life

CB bought me a car.

A CAR. For me.


We had been planning on getting me a new car later this year... more like in October or so... but yesterday he made the mistake of taking me to the Ford dealership to 'look' at Mustangs to cheer me up. But then the dealership was open. Not closed.

And then I was test driving 2010 Mustangs. And a 2009 Mustang.

We were going to buy the 2009 Mustang, only because it was a really good deal and it was the LAST 2009 Mustang on their lot. But then someone else bought it. And I cried. Literally.

But then... car dealership man called us back. He was willing to make necessary adjustments to one of the 2010 Mustang GTs to make it to my liking. And we got him to make the price a lot cheaper than most 2010 Mustang GTs. It still makes my chest tight though, because CB and I have had zero debt. No loans to payoff. No car payments. Nothing. And now we suddenly have a car payment. CB, who is very good at managing the monies, says we can afford it, though money will be tight for the first 2 months (he has 2 final payments on my engagement ring). I told him I will stop being a Money Wife (aka: a wife that sucks up all your monies because you buy her nice things all the time. Though I should note that I never intended to ever beeee a Money Wife. I just happen to feel like one because he is paying for my engagement ring and my new car.)***I feel it necessary to note here that CB has never once called me a 'Money Wife' either in the joking or serious sense. This is strictly something I came up with to describe how I feel about the fact he is paying for all this stuff for me. He does not complain or have a problem with any of it.***

Salesman dude drove it OUT of the showroom so I could test drive it. I mostly enjoyed seeing how they actually get the car out of the building. Actually, I mostly enjoyed driving, as it is a 5-speed stick shift, but it was really cool to see how they get the cars out of there.

So. CB bought me a car. A 2010 Mustang GT coupe with leather seats in Grabber Blue. I originally wanted Torch Red... but then I saw this color, and my mind changed.

My life over the past 2 weeks has been surreal. I want to crawl into a cave, not spend any more money, and just sit for a few months and keep things as they are. A new house (rented). A new marriage. A new car. A new teaching certification program. wtf? Since when did stuff like this happen to me? And when is it all going to fall apart? Is it ever going to fall apart?

My chest is tight and slightly anxious because I feel like everything is happening so fast. I mean, I am so so happy with all of it. I love the house. I love my husband, whom I get to marry TWICE. I LOVE my new car. I am really excited about being in a teaching certification program. But seriously? Do good things really happen all at once? And really, it scares me, because when things are really good, I do feel like something bad is always bound to follow.

My friend CD tells me to shut up. She reasons, "What if nothing bad happens?" What if this is just a really good part of my life and I am not taking the time to enjoy it because I am too busy looking for the downturn. CD has a good point.

Basically, this is the deal. For whatever reason, I have been incredibly blessed over the past 2 weeks. I'm not so sure I deserve it all the time. I am not so sure I deserve the kind of husband I have- not because he bought me a car, but because he is so patient and kind and loving, and he puts me before himself. It is all so surreal, but I am so very grateful for everything that I have been blessed with.

I think from now on I'm going to lay low. Not go shopping. Not seek out anything spectacular. I'm just going to unpack my things. Settle into my home. And look for a job.

Here are some pictures of my new car. I pick it up today- this is what is going to be different about it: No black accent stickers, no black 20" rims, no cloth seats. The regular stock rims are going back on and the cloth seats will be redone in leather.








No comments: