What did I think about when I first woke up this morning?
I turn 25 exactly 2 months from today. I realized, oh, 4 hours later that it is ALSO the 2 month marker. I'm an awesome wife.
Thoughts on the first 2 months?
Well, living in a house with someone else is a lot of work. And compromise. Or you do neither and you end up with a pile of dishes in the sink and you don't do laundry for 3-ish weeks. Luckily, neither CB nor I are extreme sticklers for having everything look perfect all the time. Thank you God. Our house isn't nasty by any means. But yea, laundry takes a back seat. We forget to take out the trash to the road EVERY SINGLE WEEK. BOTH TIMES. And then, one of us finally remembers the day before and we end up with Trash City at the end of our driveway. Seriously. Trashiest neighbors on the block. In that respect. We just took the trash to the road last night for the first time in say, 2 weeks? Maybe 3? (Note: We do indeed take the trash out of our trashcans several times a week. But it goes outside in the big trashcan. And next to the trashcan. And in the big cardboard boxes that all our new china came in. You get the picture. And that trash pile? Not visible to neighbors or from inside our house.)
Mostly CB and I agree on how things should be cleaned and when things should be cleaned. If he comes home and I forgot (read: didn't feel like) doing the dishes that morning. He doesn't flip out or think I'm the worst wife ever. He just shrugs and says he doesn't judge me. Then I do the dishes because I think, gosh, what a marvelous husband.
We are currently going through the pre-marital counseling that couples normally go through actually pre-maritally. We, obviously, are already married. But no bother. Our chaplain is awesome and supports us already being married and does pre-marital/marital counseling with us anyway. Via Skype. Part of the process is these 3 tests. We have taken them already and the first one we are working with in our session is the personality test. I am an INFP. Yea. Funky letters that mean: Introvert. Intuition. Feelings. Perception. This apparently means that I recharge myself, my batteries, if you will, by being alone. I don't mind being sociable, but I definitely need a lot of me time to feel centered. Intuition is my means of gathering information. I follow my intuition more so than sensory perception (yea, I dont really know what that means either.) Feelings indicates how I make decisions. Anyone who knows me could've guessed this. And Perception is.... something that I can't remember. Yea. So, that's me. CB? Complete opposite. He is an ENTJ. The only thing we have in common is that Intuition business. Basically he recharges by being around people, he makes decisions based on thinking, and um... Judgment is his last one and again, who knows whatever that indicates.
All that to say, that in the past 2 weeks we have spent a great deal of time discussing and observing differences in our personalities and how things work with each of us. It has been interesting. Basically CB is the rational problem solver. I am the feeling, introspective, let's mull for awhile different sort. And as one could guess, we don't handle most things the same. So we spend a great deal of time figuring out how we will communicate with one another best and how we will handle conflict. CB is the one, it turns out, who is having to be the most flexible in learning to work with me. But he is great at it.
Overall? The past 2 months have been wonderful, though not perfect. We have argued. I have indeed cried because my feelings were hurt. Our house has been perfectly clean and immaculate, and then it has been very... lived in. He has had to ask me to spend a little bit less money. I have had to ask him to please, please, please remember to shut the shower curtain when he gets out of the shower and remember to pick the floor towel up off the floor. But I do love it. And I love him. And I look forward to learning more about how exactly to be married to him.
Oh... and this other thing. CB flys out this afternoon to go back to DC. Tomorrow morning he is having his appeal meeting with the promotions board at his school. Remember way back when everything fell apart and he was recommended for disenrollment, but that he would start 3rd year and he would take the Step 1 and depending on his performance there things may or may not turn out okay? Well, this is the follow meeting where they review his Step 1 score and all the other grades they didn't see thus didn't include in their assessment of him last time. Luckily, his Step 1 score is great and those other grades include several Bs in very important classes. But still. I don't exactly trust the board or the dean who is continually assuring CB that things are going to turn out fine since he did well on Step 1. After all, he was assured by that same dean last time that he would be fine. And then he wasn't.
So here I am again, asking you to pray, cross your fingers, rub your rabbit's foot that things go well for CB. He has done a phenomenal job in 3rd year so far. The doctors supervising him and working with him have loved him and given him much praise for how much he knows and what a good attitude he has and how he is skilled. If only that word could get back to board in time. Anyways. Please pray and send good vibes out into the world that things go okay for CB. I appreciate it, thanks.

No comments:
Post a Comment