Monday, August 24, 2009

The Spin Cycle

For all the good that has been going on lately- the new job- yay!- I feel like my life is spinning out of control around me. Our office floor is covered in school supplies. $228 worth of school supplies that should've been only $100 or $150 or so in school supplies. I have a bag full of elementary school curriculum that I haven't even touched. I need to take an EC-4 generalist practice test (b/c oh, by the way, this next year of teaching WILL count towards my certification- YAY- but, I have to take another test for it to really count, since I am doing elementary and not secondary- BOO). I need to schedule a time to take the actual test, if the practice test goes well. There is a massive pile of laundry to do. I need to do the dishes. I need to take a shower. I need to go up to the school to turn in my signed contract and paperwork. I need to go up to the school to meet the cheerleaders. I need to unpack from my trip. I need to clean our bedroom. I need to figure out more stuff for my wedding. I need to clean off my desk because I can't even see it anymore. I need to wash the guest bedroom sheets. I need to clean the cat box. I need more than 2 weeks before school starts. I need to plan out how I am going to teach elementary school kids. I need to organize my school stuff from my last school to see what I can and can't reuse. I need to organize the office overall. I need to figure out how I am going to be a traveling teacher without a classroom to call my own. I need to... I need to... I need to... BAIEHJGFEDVIOSHGIIURVG.

And that is the state of my mind right now. Like the spin cycle of a washing machine... only less methodical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" I need to... I need to... I need to... BAIEHJGFEDVIOSHGIIURVG"

I know this isn't funny but I almost fell out of my chair laughing because I know exactly what that sounds like in your head (well, my head, anyway). You got this! Plus, St. Augustine has waited this long and Lord knows I've got stuff to occupy my time! :)