Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A lot of things. All at once.

I haven't written in quite awhile, and since then, a lot has been happening. Because I don't feel like writing it out in extensive sentences and details, I will simply list them and expand when I feel like it.

* I hit the side of the garage with my car... again. Rather, I rubbed the side of the garage with the side of my car. Yes, it scratched my car. No, it wasn't bad. Most can't even tell I did anything. Touch up paint will help the 4 small dots of chipped paint missing. I did not cry this time.

* I visited my Latin teacher friends and my family back in my old city. On this visit I ate good food, gained a couple pounds, played games and laughed a lot. I also realized that I am very very very happy where I am now and that I do not miss the city I used to live in... only the people.

*CB and I registered at Macy's, Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was not fun; it was tiring. But I am glad that is done and I wish I could own all the stuff I scanned right this minute.

* I got a speeding ticket driving home from my old city. I was pissed because really? I wasn't trying to speed. The last sign I saw said the speed limit was 70; I was going 74. Not bad. Then I saw the cop with the laser aimed at me... then I saw the 60 mph speed limit sign. Ticket for me. Booooo.

*I was called by the head of a private school in a city near where I live. He wanted to discuss the possibility of a teaching position there for this next year or possibly in the future. I was ecstatic.

* I met with said head of school today. He was a very nice man, as was the other woman who was in our meeting. Turns out they don't technically have a position, BUT, they might be able to work something out. Here's the deal though: the position that would be available if they even could work something out... is in the lower school, teaching 3rd-5th graders. Now, I've only taught junior high and high school. I am not entirely opposed to teaching lower school... it's just that I don't know how? I would be teaching them Latin, of course (don't ask, for those of you that are baffled by that, it is a Classical school thing), but I just don't even know how to talk to a small kid. However, I am not so stupid as to turn a job down just because I am not sure of how to do it or whether I will like it. I thought I would hate teaching junior high... and then I loved it. So maybe this could be good too. Who knows really, it isn't even technically an open position right now. Oh, and I would most likely get to coach cheerleading. Which is phenomenol.

* I am so overwhelmed by all the things I seem to have to do I just want to lay down and sleep.

* I am getting a LOT of wedding stuff done lately. Yay me!

* I will blog more regularly now.

No comments: