So much for recording a positive and negative item every day, but rest assured, I have mentally noted them.
Basically planning a wedding and teaching 9 classes and coaching cheerleaders has consumed all my time. Oh, and somewhere in there, I am actually married. But it's all good.
I have nothing fabulously interesting to record right now either, except that I turn 25 in a week and a half and that officially makes me an "Adult" and not a "young adult." In my world at least. Getting a real job didn't. Getting married didn't. Living in a house didn't. But geez- TWENTY-FIVE. If I live to be a hundred then a quarter of my life has passed me by already.
What a sobering thought. I can't get any of those years back. Granted, some I would not like to have. The Past can keep them, but there are many days and years which I would like to live again- just to relive the good moments, good times, important moments, life-changing moments.
For instance:
In the nearer Past, I would like to relive the day CB asked me to marry him. What a glorious day that flew by and now all I have left to cherish is my memory of it. And a ring. And a marriage. But whatever, it would be nice to have the day to do again too. Just for fun. You spend your whole life anticipating this one moment, and then it's gone. Forever.
I would like to relive driving around town one winter day in high school when the roads were slightly icy. I was with my cheerleading friends and we were going to the library to work on a research paper. We sang loudly and badly in my 1986 Mercedes 190E which had a trunk you had to sit on to unlock it and a cooling fan you had to unplug when it was parked and not running lest you run the battery down.
I would like to relive getting accepted to college.
I would like to relive my freshman year of college with my fabulous roommate SB, who has become my friend for life. And yes, whore, I would even like to relive taking you to the hospital when you had mono. Though I am confident you would not relive that year like I would.
I would like to relive cheering with my high school cheerleading squad in competitions and being so phenomenally good at stunting with my stunt group. We were amazing. Not even lying.
I would like to relive senior year of college. Over and over. I mean, the first part was a bit rough, what with a messy breakup and all. But the months that followed? Heavenly. It was a lot of work, but man, I loved school. I loved hanging out with my friends. I loved being an RA. I started to date CB. I got a real job in January, months before I graduated.
I would NOT like to relive, however, the summer after graduation. I cried. All the time. I mourned my college career. I mourned being in the same city with CB. I worried. I felt lonely. I was a mess.
But these past two, now two and half years? Have been excellent overall, if I do say so myself. Not that there hasn't been "bad" because there has. But I have learned a lot.
There were moments in that summer after I graduated from college that I thought to myself, "Eff. The best years of my life are over now."
And moments after CB and I got married that I thought, "Eff. Now what do I have to look forward to? (besides the actual wedding) All the big stuff is over now."
But, life keeps surprising me, and I keep trying to be hopeful that there are many more exciting moments to come. After all, the pinnacle of life can't be in the first 25 years can it? I sure hope not. How depressing.

No comments:
Post a Comment