Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Engagement=not the best time of my life

CB is wonderful. Beyond wonderful. Patient, kind, encouraging, helpful, lovey. He is great. That part of engagement is spectacular.

Divorced parents? That part of engagement sucks.

Thus far I have felt more stress and cried more about getting married than I have been excited and giddy.

No one can agree how much we should allot for the wedding. Mom is busy talking about how Dad is cheap and won't pay his share. Dad is insisting that mom's amount is outrageous and unreasonable and flat out refuses to put up that much for this event.

I cry excessively. Mom is being too anxious, stressed and worried. She is also convinced that budging on the price tag means Dad is being cheap- not economical. Dad is being rigid and, to be honest, a tad cheap.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG AND FIND EQUAL GROUND?!!?!?

No comments: