Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things that help

My parents finally calmed down. Or at least calmed me down.

Remembering that I only have to do and/or think about one thing at a time.

Chatting to my Paris friend and having her get excited for me/with me- and knowing she would be painting my nails right now.

Wonderful emails from old friends filled with lots of encouragement and kind words : ) Love you LT.

Talking to CB and his soothing words.

Practicing signing my name with the new last name. (Definitely LOVE this one)

Contemplating eloping as a viable option.

Looking at my pretty ring.

Hearing my dad say that I can get married in the very expensive chapel that I really want to get married in- and that he and mom will hash out the cost.

Hearing my dad say that I don't have to have everything done now- that I should shop around and price everything, but that I don't have to have a set price limit now.

Hearing mom say that she is okay with that as long as they both pay their share.

... I am attempting to regain my optimism and excitement for the event rather than the dread, fear, anxiety and worry that I've had (NOT because of CB, only because of parents).

I do wish SB and CD were here with me though. That would make all this 4590749857435987 times more exciting and fun.

No comments: