Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Good Day

Today was great.

I had a good day at school with the students, and even though I was extremely tired, I felt energized by the fact that tomorrow is 'Fair Day' and thus I do not have school. I can't express my joy for this enough.

I went to dinner with my Dad and that went extremely well. It was very encouraging. Could've been that he had already had 2 cocktails... but probably not. Things are (crossing fingers) kind of smoothing out in that area.

After, I went to my dear teacher friend's house with another teacher friend and for the first time since I have been back, I celebrated my engagement. We drank champagne concoctions since none of us really like champagne at all by itself and we ended up with this delicious lemon tasting one. We sat and discussed random teaching stuff, Latin stuff, and wedding stuff until we all we so tired we couldn't think straight.

It was a really good day.

No comments: