It started with a tingly weird feeling in my chest- like I needed cough badly, but couldn't.
Rapidly, it developed into severe aching throughout my body (sounds like the flu, right? wrong.)
Next day the aches were gone, but a phlegmy cough and runny nose had set in.
That brings me to today, I am about the same as yesterday. Except any kind of activity for more than an hour causes me to pass out for 2 hours.
My other status is that I NEED A J.O.B. Specifically a teaching one. Specifically in one southern area of this great state.
My current school is handing out the contracts for next year at the end of this month, and I won't be getting one. Not because I'm a bad teacher- actually, I received a phenomenol review from my boss- but because I am leaving, and my school has been made aware. Well, the admin has, not so much the students yet.
I'm not going to lie, it is going to be depressing not getting a large white envelope with a contract, a salary, and courses to teach listed on it.
And it will be even more depressing as other teachers turn those contracts in and I shift back and forth nervously in my chair because I have NO IDEA what I am going to be doing for a living come next August.
Meanwhile, all I can do is look and work on my resume. But wait- how the EFF do I fit all this crap I do onto a resume now? How do I make it look presentable? Teacher's resumes are slightly different than business resumes, and mine is even more different because technically? I don't have a certification. Which brings me to the other order of business: Alternative Teaching Certification? Do I want to teach public or private? How do I go about applying for the ATC? Can I still apply for a teaching job for '09-'10 if I am just starting an ATC?
Answers:
I have looked into the ATC. I have the required SAT score (I know, who thought that might apply now?). They do offer a Latin TExES/EtCET exam.
I will teach at whatever place hires me: public or private. Unless there is a likely chance I will be assaulted.
I do not know if I can apply for teaching jobs while in the process of getting an ATC.
I cannot even begin applying for the ATC until March 1, 2009.
Arrrrrrg. Too many things to worry about. Not to mention moving in 4-ish months. Not to mention finding somewhere to live. Not to mention packing my entire mess of an apartment. Sheesh.

No comments:
Post a Comment