Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Please say some prayers...

I don't often publicly solicit prayer, and this might be stupid, but... whatever.

One of the dilemmas I have had with all the wedding planning is figuring out who on earth is actually going to perform the ceremony. Kind of important. I do not have a church that I regularly attend here, so it has been quite the challenge. The other issue is that CB is in the military, and medical school. He has a bit of a tight schedule. Most everyone requires extensive pre-marital counseling and one-on-one meetings. We do not have a problem with either of those things... it is just that CB and I will be in a different city than the one we are getting married in for the 6 months leading up to the wedding. CB can't just up and leave once a week either. Alas... this has caused some problems.

Until a dear friend recently referred us to her father, who is a retired Navy chaplain. When I spoke with him he was incredibly understanding of CB and I's situation (military... medical school... won't be in this area to do any pre-marital counseling meetings... and it goes on...). Having been in the military himself he knew of the difficulty CB has to go through to leave the city to go anywhere, etc. This man sounded like the perfect person to marry CB and I, but he has not officially said 'Yes, I will marry the two of you on Dec. 19, 2009." I am supposed to hear from him by Monday. So what is it that I want you to say prayers for? That he will agree to do long distance pre-marital counseling with us and perform our wedding ceremony in December. It has taken so long to find anyone who was even willing to consider working with our situation, so I am afraid that if he says no we will have to get married by someone off of a random wedding officiant selection site. That would be creepy. : (

Also... I have been meeting with florists. I am having a hard time because I am not very visual and I want something beautiful and within our budget- which isn't huge. ugh. Anyways. You can pray for my meeting tomorrow with another florist that they won't creep me out and they will be super nice and helpful with helping me envision something awesome. 


No comments: