My closest friends and I have not been physically near each other, save one spectacular surprise weekend, in a LONG time. SB has lived in Florida since my junior year of college. CD moved to Paris last August. Seems unnecessary to say that we haven't had periods together in quite awhile... though I am quite confident that when SB was my roommate and CD lived across the hall we at one time or another had quasi-synchronized menstruating.
But distance doesn't seem to stop life synchronization.
Next weekend is ominous. (another good Latin derivative)
SB LEAVES FOR THE PEACE CORPS. DC then... effing BULGARIA. So excited/proud for you whore.
CD comes back to the States, not for me, but because her cousin is getting married. But more importantly: JOB INTERVIEWS. She is coming back to the US this summer/fall, and she may or may not be relocating to a city she's never lived in, and either way, she needs a JOB. And next weekend is a critical for her life back in the States.
Me? I am flying to SA with CB to peruse houses. That's right. Houses. For us to live in. In 43 days. Houses to rent, mind you, but still, houses. We are planning on signing a lease (fingers crossed, lots o' prayer). A house is so... adult. A house with your fiance (for 2 days) turned husband is massively adult.
I have to ask God, "Is there something special about May 15-17 that tremendously important things are occurring all at once? Could you possibly make it even more critical by getting me a job that weekend too? No, too greedy? Okay, I will wait on that."
So there is that. Next weekend. Life decisions.
My dearest friends SB and CD:
Be safe in DC, whore, and enjoy the Nando's. Be especially safe in the Bulg. Write letters. Send emails... if you can. Make a snowman. Hope you like the prizes I sent you. PS: They have nothing to do with PC or Bulgaria... just fyi. Everything to do with dinosaurs though.
CD: You are the best person for any job position. You are a rock star and I would hire you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I can't wait to see you again. Good luck next weekend, not that you need it.
House in SA: Please be nice, with good flooring and appliances. More importantly, please be affordable and in the right area. K, thanks bye.
And so our new lives begin... (sooooooooooooo dramatic. a nice touch.)

1 comment:
thanks w : )
i will love you and miss you tonssss.
i will think of you on june 28 and dec 19 (among many other times) and maybe wear white in your honor.
xx
Post a Comment