Thursday, July 9, 2009

Exhaustion


How is it that I am so very unemployed and simultaneously so very busy?

I have spent the past week running all over just trying to get basic errands done. A pretty huge positive of getting married this summer and having a wedding in December? I don't have to worry about all the name change crap, getting registered in the DEERS system for the military, etc. etc. in December. I can just enjoy my wedding and my honeymoon and return to normal life. YAY for that. In the meantime, I am so tired of going places and having to do all of this. I still have to get my driver's license changed and my passport changed. I think after that I will be 98% done, aside from small little things.

You will all be glad to hear that I am driving the manual Mustang with much better proficiency now. I probably kill it once a day in small, insignificant places, but other than that I have driven it all over and in all kinds of circumstances: on 3 major highways and all their interchanges, through construction, in traffic, on hills (which I loathe), with hardly any cars on the road, and on a street that has a light every 50 yards, regular street driving, etc. So far I have caused no accidents and not held up traffic too much.

I DID get a compliment on the car when I drove it onto base a couple of days ago. The M.P. (military police) guy walked around my car and came back to the window and said, "This is niiice." I said, "Thanks, I'm still learning to drive it," as there was a car behind me and I was afraid I was going to roll into him when I started... I just wanted to throw out there that I'm a novice before I looked like a fool. (Oh, and to the very nice reader who commented on the last post: Thank you for the warnings about being on post, CB had already also warned me as well. I am extra careful. And for the advice about driving a manual... I am trying not to freak out when I kill it and hold up traffic. I am doing much better about it after reading your comment. Thanks : ) )

I am also noticing a lot of people staring at the car as well. I have never ever ever driven a car that people stare at, unless they were staring because it was that dirty or made that horrible of sound. CB tells me that it's because most people have never seen the 2010 Mustang since it is brand brand new. I myself have only ever seen 3 other cars like mine on the road. Soon they will be everywhere though, so I am trying to enjoy the attention now.

In other things... I am finally in the military deers system, which is a relief. It wasn't that complicated or long to do, it is just getting all your ducks in a row to do it. I am also finally on Tricare insurance (military health insurance) as well. Yayayayay for not being uninsured!

My mom is coming down to get my old car and take it back home with her this weekend(she wanted it as a back up car... don't ask...). I am super nervous because mom is quite the perfectionist. I would much rather play host to a friend way before my mom comes. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I am spending today and all day tomorrow in hyper cleaning/preparing mode trying to get everything spotless clean and in order so my mom doesn't comment on the dust, or that I need to sweep, or whatever. I am just hoping that my hosting skills are up to her standards. Vomit. I love you very much, mom, but I am NOT a perfectionist.

Last night was my first class in my certification program. Luckily, my teacher is a-mazing AND hilarious. I love her. I want to be her.

I can't wait for unpacking to be finished and to not have 3957849574398 errands to run. And, I can't wait to get a paycheck.

Now will someone please give me a job? Thanks.

PICTURES OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT:


From the front

The interior with its NEW leather seats:


The back


And my favorite picture.





No comments: