Friday, September 18, 2009

Yesterday and Today

I forgot to post yesterday. Why? Because I fell asleep at 8:30pm. No lie. On accident. I wasn't exactly planning on going to bed then. I just did.

So, yesterday's good thing:

The cheerleaders did not huddle into groups during the football game and overall they cheered TOGETHER, like, the motions and everything. Fantastic.

Yesterday's NEEDS IMPROVEMENT thing:

Patience. Patience. And Patience. I believe this may come up a lot this year. I thought I was impatient when I taught middle school. I am finding that I indeed have some patience, but seriously? I can only say things so many times to 3rd and 4th graders. I need to improve my patience with the small childrens. And with the cheerleaders.

Today's good thing:

I think I taught 3rd graders how to conjugate a verb in Latin in a way that quaesi-makes sense. I don't know if they will remember it on Monday, but I think that they at least got what I was talking about today.

Today's needs improvement:

My attitude. I had a bad attitude today about teaching elementary age children. I just felt bitter because I often miss teaching the older ones. I miss being able to say things and not having 18 pairs of eyes staring at me like I'm speaking Arabic. I miss not have to count down from 10 every time I give a direction. I miss not having to directly tell the students how to fill in the blanks on a worksheet I hand out. I miss having students that KNOW how to study.

So today my attitude was crappy. Not going to lie.

No comments: